Terms of Service
By signing up for the Simple Invoices service (“Service”) or any of the services of Simple Invoices Inc. (“Simple Invoices”) you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”). Any new features or tools which are added to the current Service shall be also subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at here. Simple Invoices reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to the Simple Invoices website. You are advised to check the Terms of Service from time to time for any updates or changes that may impact you.
Everyday language summaries are provided for your benefit and are not legally binding. Please read the “Terms of Service” for the complete picture of your legal requirements. By using Simple Invoices or any Simple Invoices services, you are agreeing to these terms. Be sure to occasionally check back for updates.
- You must be 18 years or older to use this Service.
- You must provide your full legal name, current address, a valid email address, and any other information needed in order to complete the signup process.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure. Simple Invoices cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your account and password.
- You may not use the Simple Invoices service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws) as well as the laws of Canada and the Province of Quebec.
- You are responsible for all activity and content (data, graphics, photos, links) that is uploaded under your Simple Invoices account.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- A breach or violation of any of the Account Terms as determined in the sole discretion of Simple Invoices will result in an immediate termination of your services.
Don’t use Simple Invoices for anything illegal or transmit any harmful code. Remember that with any violation of these terms we will cancel your service.
You must read, agree with and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this User Agreement before you may become a member of Simple Invoices.
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by Simple Invoices.
- You shall not purchase search engine or other pay per click keywords (such as Google AdWords), or domain names that use Simple Invoices or Simple Invoices trademarks and/or variations and misspellings thereof
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to support at Simple Invoices dot com.
- You understand that your Content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit Card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
The Simple Invoices service belongs to us. You are not allowed to rip-it-off.
Your content may be transferred unencrypted and may be altered, but credit card information is always encrypted.
Simple Invoices Rights
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal or written abuse of any kind (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Simple Invoices customer, Simple Invoices employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- Simple Invoices does not pre-screen Content and it is in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
- We reserve the right to provide our services to your competitors and make no promise of exclusivity in any particular market segment. You further acknowledge and agree that Simple Invoices employees and contractors may also be Simple Invoices customers/merchants and that they may compete with you, although they may not use your confidential information in doing so.
We can modify, cancel or refuse the service at anytime.
Limitation of Liability
- You expressly understand and agree that Simple Invoices shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from the use of or inability to use the service.
- In no event shall Simple Invoices or our suppliers be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our site, our services or this agreement (however arising including negligence). You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, Simple Invoices partners, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an ”as is“ and ”as available“ basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory.
- Simple Invoices does not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
- Simple Invoices does not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
- Simple Invoices does not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
We are not responsible if you break the law, breach this agreement or go against the rights of a third party, especially if you get sued.
Service is “as is” so it may have errors or interruptions and we provide no warranties.
Waiver and Complete Agreement
The failure of Simple Invoices to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Simple Invoices and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Simple Invoices (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
If Simple Invoices chooses not to enforce any of these provisions at any time, it does not mean that they give up that right later.
These terms of service make up the agreement that applies to you. This means that any previous agreements between you and Simple Invoices don't apply if they conflict with these terms.
Intellectual Property and Customer Content
- We do not claim any intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Simple Invoices service. All material you upload remains yours. You can remove your Simple Invoices store at any time by deleting your account. This will also remove all content you have stored on the Service.
- By uploading images and item description content to Simple Invoices.com, you agree to allow other internet users to view them and you agree to allow Simple Invoices to display and store them and you agree that Simple Invoices can, at any time, review all the content submitted by you to its Service.
- You retain ownership over all content that you submit to a Simple Invoices store however, by making your store public, you agree to allow others to view your content.
- We will not disclose your confidential information to third parties, except as required in the course of providing our services. Confidential information includes any materials or information provided by you to us which is not publicly known. Confidential information does not include information that: (i) was in the public domain at the time we received it, (ii) comes into the public domain after we received it through no fault of ours, (iii) we received from someone other than you without breach of our or their confidentiality obligations, or (iv) we are required by law to disclose.
Anything you upload remains yours and if you want to remove your content, just delete your account.
Payment of Fees
- Simple Invoices charges a monthly fee in USD payable by credit card for use of the service. This fee does not include any credit card processing fee which may be charged by your payment processor.
- Simple Invoices is not responsible for your payment processor in any way and is not responsible for the funds getting to your bank account.
- Simple Invoices does not provide refunds.
- Free trials, discounts or any other offer only applies to the rates and fees charged by Simple Invoices and exclude fees charged by your payment processor.
We act as a third-party between you and your payment processor, for which we charge a monthly fee.
Cancellation and Termination
- You may cancel your account at anytime by going to the Account Settings page, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and then following the specific instructions indicated to you in Simple Invoices's response.
- Once cancellation is confirmed, all of your Content will be immediately deleted from the Service. Since deletion of all data is final please be sure that you do in fact want to cancel your account before doing so.
- If you cancel the Service in the middle of the month, you will receive one final invoice via email. Once that invoice has been paid you will not be charged again.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Simple Invoices service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- Fraud: Without limiting any other remedies, Simple Invoices may suspend or terminate your account if we suspect that you (by conviction, settlement, insurance or escrow investigation, or otherwise) have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the Site.
To initiate a cancellation, go to the Account Settings page or e-mail email@example.com. Simple Invoices will respond with specific information regarding the cancellation process for your account. Once cancellation is confirmed, all your content will be permanently deleted. If you cancel in the middle of the month, you’ll have one last e-mail invoice. We may change or cancel the Simple Invoices service at anytime. Any fraud and we will suspend or cancel your account.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Prices for using Simple Invoices are subject to change upon 30 days notice from Simple Invoices. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Simple Invoices Site (Simple Invoices.com) or the administration menu of your Simple Invoices store via an announcement.
- Simple Invoices reserves the right at any time to time to modify or discontinue, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Simple Invoices shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
We may change or discontinue the service at anytime, without liability.
DMCA Notice and Takedown Procedure
- Simple Invoices supports the protection of intellectual property and asks Simple Invoices merchants to do the same. It's our policy to respond to all notices of alleged copyright infringement.
- If someone believes that one of our merchants is infringing their intellectual property rights, they can send a DMCA Notice to Simple Invoices’s designated agent using our form.
- Upon receiving a DMCA Notice, we may remove or disable access to the material claimed to be a copyright infringement.
- Once provided with a notice of takedown, the merchant can reply with a counter notification using our form if they object to the complaint.
- The original complainant has 14 business days after we receive a counter notification to seek a court order restraining the merchant from engaging in the infringing activity, otherwise we restore the material.
For merchants this means:
Simple Invoices respects intellectual property rights and you should too. If we receive a DMCA Notice, we may disable access or remove the allegedly infringing content from your website. If you don’t think the claim is valid, you can proceed with a counter notification.
For everyone else this means:
If you believe one of our merchants is infringing your intellectual property rights, you can send Simple Invoices a DMCA Notice. We will expeditiously disable access or remove the content and notify the merchant. Be advised that we post all notices we receive.